Author Topic: 12x60  (Read 333 times)

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
    • Binoculars and cine collectors
Re: 12x60
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 08:55:15 PM »
... Russian copied this air dryer as well. Somewhere... it is in our house. But where???  ;D   
Hi from Anna&Terry Vacani.Since 2010 we are running web binoculars&cine collectors.Anna is a publisher, writer. Anna is a psychologist. Terry has enormous knowledge in both fields; binos&cine. He shares his knowledge with authors of binoculars books. Many collections were built on his knowledge.

Peter De Laet

• Administrator
    • The Eye of the Flak
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 10:41:34 PM »
Hi Anna,

The Trockenpatrone is indeed original - following TL (Technische Lieferbedingung/technical terms of delivery) 8012 - which has only been valid for three months in 1941, some 450 12 x 60 have been produced with these quite rare feature. Attached is an image of a similar Trockenpatrone on a Kriegsmarine Zielanweisungsgerät - it has 4 times the volume of that of the 12 x 60 version.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:43:35 PM by Peter De Laet »
"Wer schaffen will, muss fröhlich sein!" Theodor Fontane, 1819-1898.

Frode Wiik

• Premium Membership
  • Membership
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »
Hi Anna, thank you for the good presentation of the 12x60. Never seen the variant with the silica gel unit. Thanks for sharing Martin.

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 08:15:06 PM »
It is absolutely amazing! So many 12x60 were in our house, but none with silica gel  :D
Martin, can I copied yours 2 pictures with this feature? After New Year I will add them to the article with your copyright of course.  And...maybe those pictures with dry - air tool? Who knows when we will find our, but it will be good to find for a comparison as our is Russian??? I wounder which elements they changed to be correct with the international low about copy any items?
Hi from Anna&Terry Vacani.Since 2010 we are running web binoculars&cine collectors.Anna is a publisher, writer. Anna is a psychologist. Terry has enormous knowledge in both fields; binos&cine. He shares his knowledge with authors of binoculars books. Many collections were built on his knowledge.

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 08:32:30 PM »
Hi Anna,

The Trockenpatrone is indeed original - following TL (Technische Lieferbedingung/technical terms of delivery) 8012 - which has only been valid for three months in 1941, some 450 12 x 60 have been produced with these quite rare feature. Attached is an image of a similar Trockenpatrone on a Kriegsmarine Zielanweisungsgerät - it has 4 times the volume of that of the 12 x 60 version.

Thank you Peter  :) It is interesting information  :)

Martin Soerensen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 10:32:34 PM »
Martin, can I copied yours 2 pictures with this feature? After New Year I will add them to the article with your copyright of course.  And...maybe those pictures with dry - air tool?

Anna, you are welcome to use the pictures of mine for your article, kindly reference to binopedia.info

All good things will come to those who believe

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:46 AM »
Thank you Martin, it looks as I have a lucky day  ;D I have some new information and it will be my pleasure to add yours picture as well.

Greg Boreland

• Premium Membership
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2018, 07:44:58 PM »
Hi Ann and Terry,
                          Well done on the 12x60 presentation I have admired your collection and website for a long time and also used it to educate myself on many different types of binoculars in the past.
I am also astounded at Martins examples with the silica attachment it is the first time I've ever seen one.
I alway wondered what that port was for presuming it must be some sort of inspection port used during assembly or for servicing I had no idea of its true purpose.
But in saying that Martin has a habit of producing some incredibly rare optics nearly always complete and in great condition I just love the guy. 😀
                                                                Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work, Greg 👍

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:54:35 PM by Greg Boreland »

Uli Zeun

• Global Moderator
    • Monokulare -Monoculars - Monocoli - Monoculaires
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 07:51:32 PM »
Hello Anna,
I am not sure whether this half 12x60 is of any interest to you and completing your article.
I attach photos. If you need more Pictures, let me know.
Uli

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
Hello Uli,
I love yours pictures. I will be happy to add them to the article. If you could be so kind and, as usual, and you could add a short analysis:
- which elements remaining in the monocular and which are only in binocular.
I like to work with you for ages  :)

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 09:31:08 PM »
Hi Ann and Terry,
                          Well done on the 12x60 presentation I have admired your collection and website for a long time and also used it to educate myself on many different types of binoculars in the past.
I am also astounded at Martins examples with the silica attachment it is the first time I've ever seen one.
I alway wondered what that port was for presuming it must be some sort of inspection port used during assembly or for servicing I had no idea of its true purpose.
But in saying that Martin has a habit of producing some incredibly rare optics nearly always complete and in great condition I just love the guy. 😀
                                                                Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work, Greg 👍

Thank you very much. I am happy that you like our web site. As a matter of fact  my assumption was that this site would be educational.
I remember when I was writing an article and I asked Bundesarchivs to let me use their pictures. They ask me to pay for! I was furious, and I explained to an archivists that it is an educational site and I never will pay for the pictures ... and I will published their demands. What happened next? That man helped me to the last my sentence of that article.    ;D

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
Martin, can I copied yours 2 pictures with this feature? After New Year I will add them to the article with your copyright of course.  And...maybe those pictures with dry - air tool?

Anna, you are welcome to use the pictures of mine for your article, kindly reference to binopedia.info

Thank you Martin, but the pictures are too small for my article. If you could send me the full size of the pictures I can attach them to the article.

Martin Soerensen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
I will send you by email, no problem  :)
All good things will come to those who believe

Anna Terry Vacani

• Membership
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
Hello Anna,
I am not sure whether this half 12x60 is of any interest to you and completing your article.
I attach photos. If you need more Pictures, let me know.
Uli

Thank you Uli, but it is not a monocular. We looked very close to the pictures. Someone cut the binoculars in half. It was done in an awful way. As Terry named it - "It was kitchen production". The "tool" for the filter adjustment is the most advance technology  ;D  ;D