August 10, 2020, 09:07:59 am

News:

Hope all members are healthy and well

Lichtsprechgerät 250/130 blc 7x50 Monocular

Started by James Stewart, November 05, 2017, 01:19:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stewart

As seen on page 255 of Hans Seeger's "Green Book", graticule / sight as per his illustration.
Serial number 2253870 , this came from a gent in the US who had obtained it along with some other items from a US veterans family, it appears not to have been touched in 70 odd years, as good as the day it was made.

Frank Weissörtel

Is this a true monocular or rather the half of a binocular?

James Stewart

Pretty sure monocular , well machined and finished, not simply left side of a bonocular.

Frank Weissörtel

Looking at the last pic the metal piece on the left side looks like as if it was part of the hinge. Would you have a clue what purpose it served? This thing actually made me think that it maybe was half of a binocular as it looked like as if the bino was cut.

James Stewart

Frank Weissörtel

Thank you, James.

So it seems as if it got attached to another device via the holes.

Uli Zeun

I saw some mentioned in Forums and one or two sold on eBAy (unfortunately I could not get one for my collection. :-( ). I saved some photos. There is a cross-hairs reticle with a square. One suggestion (on a forum or maybe private comms) was, it was for a radar aiming device !?
* Mr. Monocular *

James Stewart

November 13, 2017, 02:52:02 am #7 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 03:23:00 am by James Stewart
That is what is in it Uli, thank you for the info  on what it was used on. (Js).

Wim de Bruin

The ocular rubber looks the same as the U.D.F. and the R.Z.A. rubbers.

James Stewart

Was looking at a UZO last night Wim , exactly the same.

Peter De Laet

I'm not sure, but this monocular reminds me of the one on the Lichtsprechgerät 250/130. Although this model used a Zeiss 15 x 60, Zeiss also produced smaller types. Reticle seems to be indentical.
"Wer schaffen will, muss fröhlich sein!" Theodor Fontane, 1819-1898.

James Stewart