May 31, 2020, 11:50:52 am

News:

Hope all members are healthy and well

Leica APO Televid 77

Started by Niall McLaren, August 16, 2019, 09:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall McLaren

The Leica APO Televid 77 is a compact portable waterproof spotting scope, nitrogen filled with quartz coated lenses.

Ideal for birwatching or wide field astronomy it was discontinued in 2007.
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Winfried Tuerk

August 17, 2019, 01:07:38 am #1 Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 02:08:13 am by Winfried Tuerk
Once my favourite tool for bird watching... tack sharp, great colour rendering, unfortunatelly, heavy like a tank as well when you carry around a whole day...

We now prefere Swarovski spotting scopes for this purpose.
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Rodolfo Peirano

Nice Niall,

wath is your (and Winfried) opinion about the modern serie Zeiss Victory spotting scope; Harpia, Gavia etc. ?
everyone can learn from everyone - Rodolfo

Niall McLaren

I'm always behind the times Rodolfo - this is the most modern scope I have. Unlike Winfried, I try not to cart it around too much. ;D

Winfried Tuerk

I've not much experience with the new Zeiss spotting scopes. What I've heard is that they are great!
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Uwe Derstroff

Hello,
here the instruction with some information.

Niall McLaren

Thanks Uwe - you certainly have all the dope! :D

Rodolfo Peirano

Quote from: Winfried Tuerk on August 17, 2019, 11:20:30 am
I've not much experience with the new Zeiss spotting scopes. What I've heard is that they are great!

Certainly dear Winfried, but with what they cost I think few can have much experience. . . :D
everyone can learn from everyone - Rodolfo