Hope all members are healthy and well

Ostende 2019.

Started by James Stewart, October 08, 2019, 12:33:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Frode Wiik

Same here  :( -  and thanks for the pictures, they look great. Cheers Frode

Rodolfo Peirano

Dear friends,

our three-day meeting was impeccably done, and I want to thank everyone for the climate of friendship. A special thanks to all those who for many months worked to organize this meeting.

We had  heard many interesting readings during which we learned new concepts and valuable information for future research.

A unique occasion, for which I particularly thank those who allowed it, was the practical demonstration of Li.Spr.80. It was really exciting to be able to try this transmission system using two perfectly preserved and functioning original devices.

A warm greeting also to Hans Seeger who I had the opportunity to meet personally. Besides being the master of us all, he is also a person who puts at ease, kind, friendly and collaborative.

Warmest regards to all and see you at the next meeting.

Rodolfo

everyone can learn from everyone - Rodolfo

Rodolfo Peirano

Uli Zeun

My report about the Ostend meeting:
http://www.monocular.info/bhs-meeting2019.htm
The English text is coming soon, here there and everywhere or
on www.binocularhistorysociety.info
Uli
* Mr. Monocular *

Niall McLaren

It looks like a beautiful place with some classic optics and, dare I say it, some rum characters. :)
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Rodolfo Peirano

Thanks so much Uli. Really a very good reportage  :)

Uli Zeun

* Mr. Monocular *

Rodolfo Peirano

December 09, 2019, 01:55:31 am #22 Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:35:08 pm by Rodolfo Peirano
Thanks so much for translation;  :) only a little suggestion from who splits the louse.

This sentence remained in German:

Zur Tagungsmappe gab es diesmal bereits auch schon für jeden Teilnehmer einen BHS-Pin, ein Schlüsselband (für das Namensschild), einen Kuli und Notizblock mit BHS-Logo. Furthermore there was a so-called Marzipan-Extravaganza for the numerous spouses in the annexed room, where the participants could produce and form marzipan figures, under instruction of a famous Belgian chocolatier, Anthony Lams.

Martin Soerensen

Thanks Rodolfo,
That we will have sorted today, it was a filing error from my side. @Uli, will send you the other file today when at the computer
All good things will come to those who believe

Martin Soerensen

Dear friends,

For those who might not have seen the pictures from the last meeting, these can be found via our BHS website

We now work on the 2021 program  ;)
All good things will come to those who believe

Rodolfo Peirano

Thanks so much Martin,
some time ago I received a draft of a video. is there always the intention to finish it ?

Peter De Laet

Thanks for adding the convention images to the BHS-website Martin, they sure bring back memories. The video-project is still alive Rodolfo, and if it wasn't for covid it would have been ready by now. Pandemic or not, we continue.
"Wer schaffen will, muss fröhlich sein!" Theodor Fontane, 1819-1898.

Rodolfo Peirano