May 31, 2020, 10:14:49 am

News:

Binopedia has changed the design, let us know what you think.

G. Roedenstock, Munchen, Euclar 7x40

Started by Ionut Ilies, May 23, 2020, 02:33:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ionut Ilies

Hi everyone.
I hope everybody is safe in these unusual and challenging times.
Today I want to share with you one of my "unusual" set in my collection. Unfortunately I don't have much info about this set, so any info is more than welcomed .
  Take care
   Ionut
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmNoV81z

Winfried Tuerk

May 23, 2020, 04:05:23 pm #1 Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 04:11:33 pm by Winfried Tuerk
Hi Ionut,

your Euclar was made about 1926-1927 by Rodenstock Munich. This model is quite rare over here. There were 7x, 12x, and 16x40 versions too, see the page from a 1924 catalog.
The model was intended for hunters.

You present a very nice specimen, thanks! :)

Here a somewhat previous version:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Sp%C3%A4tes-7x40-Fernglas-Euclar-von-Rodenstock-schwere-Ausf%C3%BChrung-Nr-105168/264730590936?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Ionut Ilies

Hi Winfried
Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. I haven't come across any information on my searches about this model. It came with an old case, but not the original. Overall condition of the set is good and it is quite dirty inside( a good sign always for me) with would suggest that it wasn't open to be cleaned...damaged in the process.
  Maybe when I gather more knowledge and skill and proper tool I will attempt a restoration. but at the moment this set is too complex for me.
  Again, thanks.
    Ionut

Winfried Tuerk

Hi Ionut, well said, be careful when you're going to open, clean and re-collimate the mechanics and optics. You need good tools, steady hands...and, that's the most important, patience. ;)
On the other hand, we have a lot of knowledge and experience here on the board...and a couple of friendly members who are happy to help.
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Niall McLaren

Nice find Iounut. I think I have the 12x version with "North Sea" markings on an objective rim.
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard