July 13, 2020, 07:24:24 pm

News:

Binopedia has changed the design, let us know what you think.

IDF Marked Katsuma "Glory" 8x30

Started by Niall McLaren, June 29, 2020, 11:59:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall McLaren

I've been after one for ages and this ragged but right Israeli Defence Force example still gives a good image. Note the British like reticle with extra post at each end. Dated 1976 on the sticker, the same year as the Raid On Entebbe and the harbour raid in Tyre.

In the 1950s, Katsuma Kogaku Kogyo K.K. was the new name of Fuji Kogaku. It was also a binocular maker, sometimes using the English name Katsuma Optical Company.

Katsuma have made many binoculars both civilian and military including for Iraq, Holland and Australia.

(Thanks to Martin for resolving posting problems with dashes over o's which have now been removed) ;)
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Peter Schmoll Jr.

June 30, 2020, 08:38:04 pm #1 Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:50:36 pm by Peter Schmoll Jr.
Interesting binoculars, Niall ! ...I always wonder where you get so many binoculars from such exotic armies (I think it's the third bino of the IDF you've posted here)... I'm getting a little envious ;D
Looks like the IDF has used a very wide range of binoculars from manufacturers from countries all over the world.

Junior

Niall McLaren

Thanks Junior - I guess I'm just lucky. They used a wide range of weapons too - Centurion tanks and Messerschmitt fighters.
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard