December 02, 2020, 08:26:29 PM

News:

We hope the only virus you catch is the Binomania ;-)

Robert Geller 7x50 Oroge IF Sonderklasse

Started by Martin Soerensen, November 03, 2020, 11:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Soerensen

An usual model/maker/period for me. But it seemed like a worthy binocular to get hold of. The optical quality is very good though , and a Handy and light Glas to use.

Which year could it be from?
All good things will come to those who believe

Niall McLaren

"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Winfried Tuerk

The big Giessen retailer Robert Geller, located in Giessen, sold under the Oroge brand name binoculars made by different Wetzlar manufacturers, ig. Hartmann, Keiner, Krombach as well as by Carl Zeiss Jena (8x30).

The presented specimen was made by Beck, Kassel, there was a central focussed 7x50 model as well.

I'm with Niall, the specimen was made around 1960.

Be kind and tell me the serial number Martin.
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Martin Soerensen

Thank you Winfried. I can not find any serial number on it

Winfried Tuerk

November 07, 2020, 07:45:17 PM #4 Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:57:30 PM by Winfried Tuerk
No serial number, that's a pity...

Here a center focussed 10x50 Beck Sonderklasse, I would like to post...but I cannot attach any pics just now why??? >:(
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Martin Soerensen

Winfried, your subscription ended on 30.10., that will be the reason  ;)

Winfried Tuerk

Unbelievable... a whole year is already over again...

I will make a new subscription!