May 31, 2020, 11:43:44 am

News:

Hope all members are healthy and well

carrying cases

Started by Zbig Fiema, March 12, 2018, 02:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall McLaren

Collecting cases rather than binoculars might have something going for it Zbig. They're lighter and easier to store, cannot be polished to boogery by Philistines and there's no worries about chips or fungus.

It's just a pity they're so expensive now.... :(
"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Winfried Tuerk

"So expensive now"...

Ok not really cheap... at first glance.

Compared with some ladies' handbags made by Luis Vuitton 500 Euro aren't that much...and the WW2 cases are much more rugged, aren't they? ::)
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Martin Soerensen

Leather cases also smell good, but they are difficult to look through :)
All good things will come to those who believe

Winfried Tuerk

The human being needs haptic, olfactory and optical stimuli to mature! ;)
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Rodolfo Peirano

Zbig, if this trend continues we will leave our binoculars without cases   

However not at the top of conservation:

The first one has one loop for the strap fixed with three bolts (left side), and the second have missing the internal pads.

>Compared with some ladies' handbags made by Luis Vuitton 500 Euro aren't that much...and the WW2 cases are much more rugged, aren't they?

Think Winfried at what price a Zeiss Gas Mask case by Louis Vuitton . . .  ;D ;D ;D
everyone can learn from everyone - Rodolfo

Winfried Tuerk

Recently when I came upstairs from my workshop in the cellar with a brown fat-leather Switzerland case over the shoulder my daughter raised her eyes and said: "Really nice shoulder bag you've got, Papa. May I borrow it today evening?"

Frank Weissörtel

No joke: My wife has several bino cases that she uses as regular hand bags.

Winfried Tuerk

March 12, 2018, 01:17:45 pm #8 Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:57:47 pm by Winfried Tuerk
Bingo!
We should take into consideration to marked some old bino cases as individual pieces for way money!?
Maybe to put an end to the end-of-month-no-money-left phenomenon?

Rodolfo Peirano

My next gift for my wife  ;) ;) ;)

Winfried Tuerk

Rodolfo you're an artist!

OK. The designer is Rodolfo, I could take over the marketing....now someone merely has to deliver his old leather cases. Thinking for the first attempt 50 copies is enough ::)

Rodolfo Peirano

Perfect, but limited and numbered edition.  :D Our business of the future !

Winfried Tuerk

Niall McLaren

Brilliant Rodolfo - 14 K gold buckle I presume? To be inclusive, you'd also have to offer one for the fashionable man about town and, of course, non leather ones for vegans. ;D

"A little bit of something beats a whole lot of nothing." - Little Richard

Winfried Tuerk

...made from a sort of vulcanisate though?