October 22, 2020, 01:54:24 am

News:

Binopedia has changed the design, let us know what you think.

"Teatar" marked Oigelet 3x "The Mouse" 1922

Started by Winfried Tuerk, April 11, 2018, 01:03:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Winfried Tuerk

April 11, 2018, 01:03:32 am Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:29:05 pm by Winfried Tuerk
A cuty in its mirror case. Marked only with Teatar, no serial number. Probably an Oigelet 3x. "The smallest Oigee-binocle in 3-6x power is not larger than the mouse" praises the ad from 1922.

Well made, much brass, leather cover, bakelite eyecups. Optically very clear, sharp up to the edges, overall very nice!

UPDATE: The Teatar is a Ruka Amica and not a Oigee Oigelet, see below.
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Winfried Tuerk

April 11, 2018, 01:04:12 am #1 Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:14:33 am by Winfried Tuerk
another ad from 1920. "A wonder of German optic and technic"...
living without binoculars is possible but senseless - paraphrasing Loriot "living without puc is possible ..."

Rodolfo Peirano

Nice little bino. Look like as Zeiss Teleater 3 x or Teletur 6x
everyone can learn from everyone - Rodolfo

Frank Weissörtel

Winfried Tuerk

Thanks Frank, the little Oigelet family is gathering...

Uwe Derstroff

Hi Winfried,
I think it is no Oigee Oigelet 3x,
but I dont know what it is, maybe french or english.
I have this kind of opera glasses from a lot of german
manufacturer, but all are diffrent to yours.

Winfried Tuerk

Hi Uwe,
Nice to have you here on the forum!
I'm looking forward to learn more about these little Theater glasses.
Maybe we will find the "origin" of the Teatar cuty?
All the best - Winfried

Uli Zeun

May 24, 2018, 12:49:50 am #7 Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:04:44 am by Uli Zeun
Hello Winfried,
I overlooked the relevant markings or logo in your pictures at the time of your post.
The logo reminds me of E.R. Watts & Sons who used a similiar right-angled  Porro prism logo like Goerz., but sitll not identical.
I found the logo on British made monocualrs like "Spy Prismatic x5" http://www.monocular.info/spy-prismatic5x12.htm
and the "Monex x8" http://www.monocular.info/monex8x25.htm.
The picture show the logo on a business card and on some instrument.
The small opera glasses following the Goerz and Zeiss Telaeter style were copied or distributed by many firms. So, either made or distributed as "Teatar" by Watts & Sons.

* Mr. Monocular *

Winfried Tuerk

Hi Uli, again and again, it's unbelivable, how many binoculars you own or have come across in your collector live ;)

E.R. Watts & Sons sounds good, we should follow this track!

Uli Zeun

Quote from: Uli Zeun on May 24, 2018, 12:49:50 am
The picture show the logo on a business card and on some instrument.

sorry, forgot the images.
* Mr. Monocular *

Winfried Tuerk

September 30, 2020, 09:26:23 pm #10 Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 09:29:38 pm by Winfried Tuerk
UPDATE it's a Ruka Amica!

Now the riddle is solved thanks to Uwe Derstroff ;) , who was able to identify the theatre glass of the headline as Ruka Amica.

See the leaflet

http://binopedia.info/index.php?topic=2972.msg15256#msg15256